Thursday 22 March 2012

Take from it what you will...

Wednesday is my new day for 'Farlin Project Work' and may I just say what a productive Wednesday it has been!

Wandering thoughts over the past few weeks has set me on track for what I would like to achieve for Farlin, designing on paper was a little confusing at the start of the month so I decided to play around with metal...sampling some ideas I had in mind some of which I was happy with and others not.
 
Bruce and I have been emailing and had a skype chat recently, it was lovely chatting and it put us en route to what we would like to achieve and what our inspirations where for different parts of the project, I think we are both really looking forward to the outcome!

Reading through the poetry Bruce sent me was lovely (especially with a cup of tea) and made me think about what he was trying to portray in his work....I was a bit worried in case I read into things in a different way than what he intended but we both agreed that this was not important..."take from it what you will". 

Bruce asked if I could write out the poetry in my own writing and send this back to him, I really enjoyed doing this and found it quite therapeutic.  Rewriting his words also gave me a greater understanding into the poetry he had kindly written.



Bruce liked what I sent, he remarked on the torn paper I had used...there's something very satisfying about ripping paper, it always reminds me of rugged landscapes; almost like the photos sent of Foula.

No comments:

Post a Comment