Wednesday 16 March 2011

New Approach to Jewellery

The recent rise in precious metals has been a bit of a sore point for most jewellers, especially for small self employed students like myself....if raw material prices rise this means that sales prices of finished pieces will also rise....not good for us in this financial crisis. 

One of our new classes is based on alternative materials.....something I have not been excited about in previous years!  This year I have decided to embrace this new learning and experiment with new materials and new techniques...I'm sure I could do more but am sometime limited within my own personal taste of clean lines and 'tidyness'! 

Materials that I could use are almost endless...what could be done with them limitless.  Here is a photo of a new piece I have recently made.  Materials used were sterling silver round wire to make the chain and formica for the colour inserts and the huge pendant (a scale that would be far too expensive in silver!)


No comments:

Post a Comment